Fort Worth is known for hot summer days. Still, the beauty of the outdoors beckons couples every year as they plan their weddings during these steamy months. If you are a Fort Worth couple looking for the perfect outdoor event , experts have plenty of suggestions to make sure your day is as comfortable as possible for you and your guests – as well as beautifully appointed with fresh looking flowers that don’t wilt in the heat.
- Consider holding the event in the late afternoon or just before sunset, when the sun is no longer high in the sky. Make sure when positioning the guest seating to make sure they are not looking into the setting sun.
- If rain is a possibility – and it usually is – look into covered porticos or patios, or hold the event under a tent, allowing for shade as well.
- Have drinks available for your guests from the time they arrive; water in decorative glasses or non-alcoholic, refreshing sparkling drinks can be passed around before and after the ceremony.
- If your photos and ceremony will be held outside, you may wish to have two sets of bridal and bridesmaid bouquets – one for early photos, one for the ceremony. In this way, your bouquet will not begin to wilt before you walk down the aisle.
- Choose hardy flowers that do well in hot temperatures- including roses, orchids and calla lilies. Keep them in water for as long as possible, and create centerpieces and venue décor in large vases filled with water. Fill in bouquets with succulents or eucalyptus leaves which hold up well during hot afternoons.
As you plan your Fort Worth summer wedding, contact Bice’s Florists for inspiration and tips as to how to create striking bridal bouquets and centerpieces that will withstand the summer heat. From January to December and every month in between we are your one-stop wedding source for the very best florals.