2016 wedding planning is in full swing, and many of the top trends in venues, colors and flowers are becoming apparent. Romantic themes are back as strong as ever; including vintage venues and soft blush color palettes. Creative lighting elements set the mood; whether sophisticated candelabras or strings of Edison lights, ambient glow is trending.
Tall centerpieces are one of the floral choices that many couples are considering this year.
Why are high centerpieces trending?
- The elegant stature of the arrangement looks striking in a venue with soaring ceilings or open air – anyplace where there is plenty of space.
- High floral arrangements draw the eye upwards off the table, and accentuates lighting elements such as tapers candles or suspended illumination.
- Friends and family will enjoy unhindered line of sight, allowing for easier conversation and mingling.
To soar to new heights when designing your wedding florals, contact Bice Florist for ideas as to the right varietals to elongate the display; our experts will also help you bring your vision to life with inspiration as to presentation.
- Utilize vases, containers, glassware and and even candlesticks to raise the florals above the party. Rose petals, orchids or lilies can be beautifully exhibited in slender or cylindrical glass vases.
- Vintage and rustic details such as metallic boxes or jeweled pedestals add creative interest.
- Utilizing tall, slender stalks and natural details will elongate the line of the arrangement. Ca while achieving height.
- Gladioli, calla lilies, sunflowers, lupine flowers and orchid stems are popular options for long stemmed flowers; while grasses or twigs add an organic touch.
Bice’s Florists is Fort Worth’s premiere provider of wedding flowers. Our planners and expert florists will work within your color palettes and design theme to recommend the perfect blooms – if you are recently engaged, give us a call or stop by to begin planning the perfect wedding -yours.